Welcome to Scraps By Oreo's Meow. If you've arrived here to take a look at what I can do for your precious photos through Scrap For Hire, please visit the "My Pages" section, in the sidebar located to the right. Thank you for stopping by!


Sunday, September 18, 2011

And the fun over at theStudio continues...

So the third round of the Next Designer Contest is well underway at theStudio and both Karen/Kaklei Designs and Kelly-Jo/Kelly-Jo Scraps have entered their (free!) mini-kits into the competition.

Karen's was called Memories Captor and here's the preview:


It's a pretty kit with those shades of gray and lavender and just a touch of brown (which was part of this week's requirement - use at least 3 colors of a 6 color palette, as well as exactly 10 elements to be created in their entirety by the designer - no CU nothing could be used!) and I enjoyed looking for images to use in my LO.

Which is here...


For some reason, the first thing I thought of as vintage was a Model T, LOL!

And Kelly-Jo's entry was no less pretty than Karen's but had a different feel to it (and don't ask me what that was, it just...was!).  

Here's her kit preview:


For her kit, I chose to use a couple of photos of my mom from the first of the year, when she received an award from her church (and yes, I've used these photos before; I have access to very few family photos anymore, with my mom in California and me in NJ, so I tend to reuse the same photos over and over when I need family stuff.

And here's my LO:


Next up is Round 4, starting September 26th.  Only 10 of the original 80ish designers who entered will go on to Round 4, and only 3 will be offered designer contracts at theStudio for the coming year!  Go Karen and Kelly-Jo!!  :-)

Scraps By Oreo's Meow

No comments:

Post a Comment