Welcome to Scraps By Oreo's Meow. If you've arrived here to take a look at what I can do for your precious photos through Scrap For Hire, please visit the "My Pages" section, in the sidebar located to the right. Thank you for stopping by!


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In Search of Lost Times - a couple of my fav CT pages are here!

Karen of KakleiDesigns has done it again - created a gorgeous, haunting, thought-provoking kit! Here are her previews:





And Karen's description of this lovely kit:

Life is divided into three terms - that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present to live better in the future.
by William Wordsworth
Lost in Time is a gorgeous kit that speaks about passion, the art of life and the wasted tears in "If I would...", unfinished sentences, unfinished and lost moments that we regret in vane, the passion of remembering and searching for the truth in our real memories, in our precious present so we can embrace the future as a gained jewelry.

The kit includes:  13 papers of 12x12 inches-JPG format-300dpi; 60 unique elements in PNG format-300dpi (including 5 word art, 1 heritage doll, 1 Fairy poser, ribbons, clocks, antiques, flowers, tags, clusters, frames, and so much more.).

Find it at:    CSD | DDR | MCD

And here are my two pages, which I love, love, love!



Isn't she pretty?  I found the image on the web and it just screamed out to be blended like this.  I really love how this turned out - it's definitely out of my comfort zone!


The Swamp Fire was a WWII aircraft that flew over Germany and was exceedingly successful in doing so.  She enjoyed 100 missions without an abort, one of many records she set.  The gentlemen pictured there is B.B. Clark, her first co-pilot (and my dad's best friend, though they met later in life, as pilots for Eastern Airlines) and he came up with the name. 

Recently, I found photos of a meet and greet between Mr. Clark and the only other surviving crew member with some of the families of the Swamp Fire's crews.  They spent the day talking about her, her missions, their roles in those missions, and it appears that more and more surviving WWII vets are starting to speak out about their experiences in the war.  They know that it's now or never, and too many vets never talked about what they saw, did, or went through (my dad being one.  He never talked to my mom about what he did over the Pacific and about the only thing I know is from the telegram announcing that he'd been awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross.  In fact, my dad so wanted nothing to do with the whole thing that, when they moved from NJ to CA in the late '80s, he wanted to throw his DFC away!). 

And so, this page is very special to me, as is Mr. Clark.



Scraps By Oreo's Meow

No comments:

Post a Comment