Welcome to Scraps By Oreo's Meow. If you've arrived here to take a look at what I can do for your precious photos through Scrap For Hire, please visit the "My Pages" section, in the sidebar located to the right. Thank you for stopping by!


Friday, December 16, 2011

A final creative team layout for Bella

The very first designer to give me a chance as a creative team member was Bella of Belladonne Digitals.  For that, I will always be grateful to this woman who I never met in person but knew only through the magic of the internet and through our love of digital scrapbooking.

Bella loved the Victorian look and her kits reflected that - lush, gorgeous colors, just beautiful work.

It's with great sadness that I acknowledge Bella's untimely death.  I know very few details and I won't discuss what I do know here; this is neither the time nor place.

However, one of her last projects was a collab kit called Moka Cerise and her husband set us to work on the kit while she was in the hospital - doing what I hoped was recovering.

The kit is in store now, with the other collaborators' work but not Bella's.  I won't share any part of her piece of the kit here, but I did want to post the page that I made with her work.  I actually struggled some with this page; there weren't very many elements to use (something I love to have, the more elements, the better) but there were gorgeous papers and so I chose to use those as my focal point...and, of course, the beautiful lady tube by Hebe.

I hope you like it...


May you rest in peace, Bella.  The world is a drearier place without your beautiful work.  We'll miss you.



Scraps By Oreo's Meow

No comments:

Post a Comment